How do you choose the best joint supplement for your pet? With so many choices, it can be hard to decide which one will meet your pet’s individual needs.
Best joint supplement for highly active dogs or those predisposed to arthritis later in life.
PAW Osteocare® joint health chews are a tasty kangaroo chew that provides everyday joint care and helps to improve joint function and health in younger and older dogs. They contain Glucosamine and Chondroitin, which are considered the building blocks of healthy cartilage. They work synergistically, playing a vital role in producing a compound in cartilage that lets it compress and absorb the impact placed on joints. Without adequate levels of these compounds, cartilage can become brittle and prone to damage.
- Tasty, low-fat kangaroo-based chews that dogs love!
- Simple daily dosing – 1 chew per 25kg body weight
They are great for:
- Highly active dogs (e.g. sporting, performance, agility dogs)
- Dogs with previous joint injuries
- Dogs predisposed to joint problems (e.g. hip or elbow dysplasia) or starting to show early symptoms of arthritis
- Large or giant breed dogs
- 500 mg glucosamine sulphate
- 250 mg chondroitin sulphate
- Vitamin C
- Manganese gluconate
Best joint supplements to relieve pain and reduce inflammation for dogs with mild-moderate arthritis.
PAW Osteosupport® joint powder for dogs is ideal for dogs with arthritis. Relieving their joint pain and reducing inflammation is vital for them to enjoy a good quality of life.
Green-lipped mussel (GLM) is a very effective and safe supplement that is proven to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. However, the quality of GLM used in some supplements can vary significantly, as can the strength of each batch.
PAW by Blackmores uses only the highest quality GLM, which meets strict requirements to ensure consistent results.
Continuing on a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement (such as PAW Osteocare) is critical in providing key nutrients to the joint cartilage.
- Simple daily dosing – 1 capsule per 25kg of body weight.
- Easy-to-use powder format — capsule contents can be sprinkled over food
- For ultimate support, use PAW Osteosupport® in conjunction with PAW Osteocare® or PAW Cosequin® DS for clinical arthritis cases.
They are great for:
- Dogs and cats with symptoms of pain and inflammation from arthritis (e.g. lameness, stiffness and a reluctance to play)
- Highly concentrated green-lipped mussel (Pern128) provides high levels of omega 3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA & ETA) for relief from the pain associated with Osteoarthritis.
Cats get arthritis too – what to look out for
82% of cats over the age of 14 have osteoarthritis in at least one joint. Arthritis in dogs usually affects the joints in the legs, whereas cats often develop pain and stiffness in their spine, which leads to different symptoms:
- Messy coats – painful joints make it hard for cats to groom themselves
- Sleeping more often to avoid movement that causes pain
- Being extra aloof or cranky due to pain
- Finding it difficult to jump onto furniture
- Making a mess when they use their litter tray
Start your cat on a green-lipped mussel supplement to reduce inflammation. Try PAW Osteosupport® joint powder for cats which contains highly concentrated green-lipped mussel (Pern128), provides high omega-3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA & ETA), and offers relief from the pain associated with osteoarthritis.